12 December 2011

A Prayer Intended For Me

Pray without ceasing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

"Can you do me a favor? Please light a candle for me.", this was once her request when I visited the church. I believe that prayers are also gifts, so I prayed for her. While watching the white candle melting in front of me, I felt peace deep within. At that moment, I was also comforted knowing God answers her requests in His own perfect time.

Only a few months have passed and I read one of her blog entries. There then she revealed a secret. It's a secret about her request of lightning a candle for her.

In her blog she wrote, "My secret way to get through is to ask. I often ask favor. I often ask someone to visit a church and light a candle for me as my alibi. Then out of pity for me, or let's just say subtle emotional manipulation (haha), I would receive an affirming answer. It's then I would start my secret job (which is not a secret anymore) to utter my prayers, hoping that the light emanating from the candle will aid the hand that eagerly lit it. That in every melting wax comes with it the melting of the pain they bear."

I would like to thank that person who prayed for me. Thank you for being my prayer partner. Thank you for constantly praying for me. One day, when you visit a new church, I'd like to ask the same favor. Please light a candle for me too.

May this blog bless all the readers. Don't forget to bless others by praying for them. Remember, miracles happen in prayers. And prayers are also gifts. Send it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment