29 April 2012

because I chose to serve..



"How many on their deathbeds wished they'd spent more time at the office-or watching TV? The answer is, No one. They think about their loved ones, their families, and those they have served."

The word "service" struck me after reading these lines from Stephen Covey's book "7 Habits of Highly Effective People".

I paused a few minutes and reflected on what had happened to me today. Let me share with you some few conversations I had from an interviewer. Let's just named him Mr. M.

Mr M: Can you tell me what Robz is doing aside from her work?
Me: I'm a volunteer in a non-profit organization. On weekends, I'm an assistant-teacher/facilitator of the awesome kids. (mentioning Bo Sanchez) and so on..
Mr M: That's sounds really interesting. Can you tell me more about it? The rest is history.

The conversation ended and he said directly that I passed the initial interview. The only problem would be my schedule since they're working on shifting hours. I told him I couldn't sacrifice my week-end activities.

Before I left the conference, his words struck me. "Keep doing what you are doing. Serve and make our country better. That's my point of perspective." With a big smile, he wished me goodluck as I leaved their office.

I received an email just tonight that I was not selected. And I already knew why.

This is another blessing for me today. I don't considered it a rejection. Instead, a re-direction on the right path I'm taking. I'll pursue to serve. Because I chose to. And it is one of my purpose.

It's time to sleep now! My gratitude journal is filled once again. And the writer too! I'm filled with blessings, gratitude and love.

Thank You Lord for another blessed day! Goodnight;)

No comments:

Post a Comment