11 July 2012

Joel Osteen: Inspirational Quotes

Focus on the greatness of God. - Joel Osteen

I've been listening to Joel Osteen's inspirational talks for a few days. He is also like my favorite preacher.(Do I need to mention Bro. Bo Sanchez's name here? hehe)

I love the simplicity of his preaching and his funny jokes too. And so, I wrote down some of the inspirational quotes that really struck me.

Below are my notes from Joel Osteen's talk.

Speak to Your Mountains:

-God knows what you are capable of.

-Average people have average problems. Ordinary people have ordinary challenges. But remember, you’re not average. You’re not ordinary. You are extraordinary. God breathed His life into you. You are exceptional, and exceptional people face exceptional difficulties. But the good news is we serve an exceptional God! 

-"I'm a big person with a big destiny. I'm a child of The-Most-Standout."

-Breathe in God's direction and everything will change.

-Stand strong and fight the good fight of faith.

-Focus on the greatness of God.

-Stop telling God how big your problems are, and start telling your problems how big your God is!

-"God supplies all of my needs in abundance. "

-"Greater is He that is in Me."

-Start the day in God's presence.

-Give God the first part of your day. Spend a quiet time with Him thanking Him for His goodness.

-In God's presence is fullness of joy


Living with Confidence:

-Start focusing on what you can become.

-"I'm a child of the most high God."

-Living with confidence means that we never lose our poise.


Display Your Joy. Smile!:

-You can't change people.

-You are responsible for your own happiness.

-Keep your joy.

-God has given us the power to stay calm in times of adversity.

-Quit feeding wrong emotions.

-"God is directing our steps."

-When somebody does you wrong, you have to ask yourself, "Is this worth giving up my joy over?"

-When people see you, what kind of message are they getting? We need to pay attention to what messages that we are sending out.

-Learn to smile by faith.



Live in gratitude.

-Robz

2 comments: